On behalf of our Saint Mary's Catholic College Community, I would like to welcome you to our College's website and invite all parents to visit our College to experience our wonderful facilities and welcoming sense of community first hand.
Saint Mary’s has proudly served the South Burnett community since 1929 when primary classes were first held in the front room of the Sisters of Charity convent. In 1934, the Good Samaritan Sisters took over Saint Mary’s Primary School and brought with them their strong Benedictine values which still underpins all that we do. These values call all in our community to:
• Be respectful
• Be responsible
• Be just
• Be safe
• Be your best
In 1965, Saint Mary’s Secondary College was opened on our current site. At the heart of this new community was our College’s motto of "Realise Your Dignity". We believe that if each one of us realise our own dignity, then we must also recognise the dignity of others. Christ's great commandment to "Love others as you love yourself" requires us to live by this same principle.
In 1990, our primary and secondary schools combined to form the P-12 South Burnett Catholic College, which is now called Saint Mary’s Catholic College, South Burnett.
• Quality, affordable Catholic education.
• Seamless education from Prep to Year 12.
• A full range of curricular and co-curricular programs
• Strong family and Christian values.
• A safe, friendly and welcoming community.
• State-of-the-art facilities.
• A very high graduate entry rate to university, TAFE, apprenticeships and traineeships.
Mrs Carmel O'BrienPrincipal